SubjectRe: [linux-usb] RE: OHCI USB problems?
> > Does this differ from previous kernel versions?
> > There haven't been many (any ?) changes to the OCHI
> > driver lately.

Despite this problem still being around, and quite serious.

> I don't know which OHCI controller iMac is using but the "ohci-hcd" driver
> has never worked (AFAIK) with NEC OHCI controllers. This is the chip
> which is used on many (or all) Toshiba satellite series laptops. OTOH
> Greg's and Inaky's ohci drivers worked with this controller so after
> 2.3.33 I haven't been able to use USB.

Right -- I haven't been able to use my development machine for USB
work for quite a long time now. 2.3.33 sounds about right as the last
time the NEC chip was known to work.

Roman saw several complete traces, but I never heard back from him.

As I recall, it had been established that (a) interrupts weren't an
issue (could enable FNO and count them), (b) it got that control/bulk
timeout diagnostic when plugging in the very first device, (c) after
seeing that timeout diagnostic, the contoller never seemed to respond
again, (d) yes, power did indeed get sent to devices through the bus.

- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.064 / U:0.352 seconds]