SubjectRe: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??

> > According to the old law of the land, and then enshrined in common law,
> > if an apple tree has a branch overhanging the road, passerby commit no
> > crime by plucking an apple from it to assuage their hunger.
>
> Really? I'd say it depends on where you are.

Indeed. Here in the state of Oregon (USA) we currently have some
rather draconian computer crime laws which basically state that if you
change a bit on a computer you don't own and the owner didn't specifically
give you permission to change that bit then you just committed a crime.
Fortunately most "crimes" in this category don't get reported; otherwise
we'd all be in jail. But until places like Oregon get a clue it's not a
good idea to piss off anybody you don't trust.

-Jacob

--

"Heh. You mean this is Stef's source code?"
-User Friendly