SubjectRe: Soundblaster isapnp
Normally I don't respond, being on the digest and not a kernel hacker,
but I discovered the problem in sb_card.c by snarfing through the 2.3.47
patch. There are several places where this appears:

#if defined CONFIGISAPNP || defined CONFIG_ISAPNP_MODULE

But it should actually be:

#if defined CONFIG_ISAPNP || defined CONFIG_ISAPNP_MODULE

If you fgrep the file for CONFIGISAPNP you will quickly find the problem
points. After changing it, the module inserted correctly and sound is
back.

John Cavan

> From: Guus Sliepen <guus@sliepen.warande.net>
> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:06:11 +0100 (CET)
> Subject: Soundblaster isapnp
>
> Hello,
>
> Somewhere between 2.3.42 and 2.3.47, isapnp support was added to the
> soundblaster driver. But, instead of making life easier, it refuses to use
> the values that were set by the userspace program isapnp, it refuses to
> accept the module paramaters I provide, instead it reads the first
> possible configuration from the soundblaster card and uses that. Trying to
> disable it with the parameter isapnp=0 makes the modules fail loading with
> the message "device or resource busy".
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Guus Sliepen.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.033 / U:0.048 seconds]