SubjectRe: Congrats to Richard Gooch
almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch writes:
> Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > The only think I don't like is the new naming scheme for the mass storage
> > devices.
>
> A bit redundant, isn't it ? ../discs/disc0/disc :-(

Yes, I think so. I'll be talking to Linus about this.

> Anyway, I wonder if it wouldn't ease the transition phase if devfs
> could default to some kind of "translucent" mount, such that a
> failed devfs lookup is continued on the original /dev (if devfs has
> mounted itself on /dev). Shouldn't be overly complex (e.g. no funny
> copy-on-write semantics a la IFS or TFS), and might avoid plenty of
> nasty surprises for people trying devfs for the first time in the
> next few weeks.

Work In Progress. I've disabled the bits I started on this because I
wanted to get devfs stable before it went in. I'll let the dust settle
for a while (fix bugs as they are reported) and then get back to this.

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.045 / U:0.168 seconds]