Subjectcrash in 2.2.14 with bridging / masquerading
Hey!

A friend of mine is using a linux box to connect his masqueraded subnet to
the internet vial dialup/ISDN and to bridge between the 10M and 100M
subnets he has.

Using 2.2.14 and bridgex-0.30 control program, bridging (using the brg0
interface) and masquerading work nicely when used seperately. However,
when using both at the same time, a masqueraded connection to the outside
world will lock up the linux box hard (no panic/oops, unfortunately no
SysRq compiled in). This box is used in production, still I could perform
some tests if necessary.

BTW: The docu for the bridging stuff is not exactly excellent and mostly
outdated. Can anybody explain me why eth0 and eth1 show up as ports 2/3 on
the bridge? Also, it states to better use ip routing. It's not clear to me
how to do this (apart from using proxy arp, which has to be configured
whenever NICs are added), is there a better way?

cu,
Kai

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.115 / U:0.280 seconds]