SubjectRe: New info -- HPT370 RAID support now possible? (was New possibilities for HPT370 RAID support?)

I have email Soren a few days ago and asked him about how he did the
decoding of the RAID Signatures on the media and he has not replied.
Soren and I talk on a semi-quarterly basis to brag and boast/gloat.

For the record I have the information on the array content, and the raid
engin design, but can not derive a sane use for Linux.

FreeBSD use a CAM layer so they can do some things that Linux can not but
they have a perfoamance price that Linux does not have.

You take CAM->SCSI->ATA and back and you see how nasty that crap is in the
performance market. If you want to tear into FreeBSD and extract the
information for me go for it.

I have a MESS known as CPRM to stop and I am in the middle of drafting a
counter proposal to prevent the CPU/PC/Computer world from being royally
screwed by Hollywood.

http://www0.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/top/docs/copy122900.htm

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick