    SubjectRe: innd mmap bug in 2.4.0-test12
    Rik van Riel wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > > > It must be wrong.
    > > >
    > > > If we have a dirty page on the LRU lists, that page _must_ have
    > > > a mapping.
    > >
    > > Hmm, last I looked buffercache pages didn't have
    > > page->mapping set ...
    >
    > OK, you're right ;)
    >
    > We never set PG_dirty for buffercache pages, so a
    > pure buffercache page shouldn't be caught here...

    But we should, and something that does it is buried in Chris Mason's
    patch under the thread [RFC] changes to buffer.c. Chris is also trying
    some other fancy things in that patch, but the buffer cache mapping part
    is actually pretty simple.

    For buffer cache pages I think the current thinking is that PG_dirty
    should stay on until the last dirty buffer on the page has been
    submitted for writing.

    --
    Daniel