SubjectRe: test11-pre6 still very broken
> > The mysterious lockups in test11-pre5 continue in test11-pre6. It is very
> > difficult because the lockups appear to be kdb-specific (and kdb itself

[...]

> It could be that -test5 and -test6 break some assumption kdb makes.
> It has been eminently stable here.

Whether or not the assumptions are made, the last testN series of kernels have
introduced two serious issues IMO. The first is the mysterious deadlocks and
no way to figure them out. With kdb the machine won't hang. Without it, it
deadlocks within 36 hours.

The second issue is usb. I now have two machines that lockup on boot in USB.
One is the above workstation, the second is a Compaq laptop. Unfortunately
I have no way of unplugging the USB hardware inside the laptop :P

-d

begin:vcard
n:Ford;David
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:david@kalifornia.com
title:Blue Labs Developer
x-mozilla-cpt:;14688
fn:David Ford
end:vcard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.499 / U:0.496 seconds]