SubjectRe: test11-pre6 still very broken
Date
Followup to:  <Pine.LNX.4.21.0011171935560.1796-100000@saturn.homenet>
By author: Tigran Aivazian <tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> Hi,
>
> The mysterious lockups in test11-pre5 continue in test11-pre6. It is very
> difficult because the lockups appear to be kdb-specific (and kdb itself
> goes mad) but when there is no kdb there is very little useful information
> one can extract from a dead system...
>
> I will start removing kernel subsystems, one by one and try to reproduce
> it on as plain kernel as possible (i.e. just io, no networking etc.)
>
> So, this not-very-useful report just says -- test11-pre6 is extremely
> unstable, a simple "ltrace ls" can cause a lockup. Also, some programs
> work when run normally but coredump (or hang) when run via strace, but
> only sometimes, not always... (no, I don't have faulty memory, I run
> memtest!)

It could be that -test5 and -test6 break some assumption kdb makes.
It has been eminently stable here.

-hpa
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt