SubjectRe: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]

Claus Assmann wrote:

> As I wrote before: this is just wrong. sendmail doesn't
> load the file into memory.

> > Sending a 50 MB file is OK here. So it's not a TCP/IP bug.
>
> Ok, hopefully this reaches everyone who has been "involved"
> by Jeff into this "problem".
>
> It turned out that this was just a misconfiguration on his box
> (the load average exceeded the limit of his sendmail).
>
> Can we please close this case now? Thanks.

There was also an issue relative to how sendmail is interpreting load
average on a linux box. hpa@transmeta.com pointed out that perhaps you
are not factoring sleeping processes, which Linux does -- a deviation
from BSD's interpretation of load average. With a handle like
"Assmann", deviation is proably something you already understand quite
well ...

8)

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.067 / U:1.408 seconds]