SubjectControlling subsystem power using APM
Hello.

For the purpose of minimizing power consumption on
a ThinkPad 600 laptop I would like to be able
to issue "set power state" and "get power state"
commands to the APM BIOS so as to power down the
serial port and other subsystems. However the apm
code does not presently support this. I have submitted
a patch request to the apm code maintainer; my message
(#76) can be found at:
http://linuxcare.com.au/local-cgi-bin/apm?findid=76

Is this the right way to go about things?

If it is a badi idea to add this sort of functionality
to the apm driver then an alternative would be
to export the address of the APM BIOS so that I
could call it myself from a kernel module.

Thomas Hood
thood@excite.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.089 / U:1.952 seconds]