SubjectKernel oops on SMP machine

Hi

I am "new" to this list (I was in in the beginnig of the year) and have got a
problem concerning one of my machines.
The machine is a smp machine with two Pentium II 400 on it and 1 GB RAM, running
SuSE Linux 6.1, kernel 2.2.10.
We have Oracle8 database running on the server and yesterday I got two kernel
oops in /var/log/warn (and also messages).
There was a process left (after a crash while making an index-file) which
could'nt be killed at all, so we decided to reboot the machine this morning.
The prozess "stood" on one of the filesystems and the machine was not able to
unmount the fs...
Either we got problems to rerun the database (before booting) with an error
message concerning shared memory, which told us that there was not enough memory
to start database, but all processes concerning database (except the hanging
one, which was marked with D) were killed and there should have been enough
memory at all.

The "oops" is rather long so I posted a text file to this message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Dietmar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:0.164 seconds]