    SubjectAdding Serial Drivers to Linux Kernels

    We are Chase Research plc based in the United Kingdom. We manufacture,
    amongst other things, serial I/O cards for various Operating Systems. The
    Serial I/O cards are based on PCI and ISA buses.
    We have written a driver for Linux based on the 2.0.x kernel which works.
    When we tested the driver against 2.2.x kernel, we experienced some
    problems installing the cards. This meant that we had to rework the driver.

    We will like to make the driver available to the Linux community and for it
    to be an option when running "make config" to rebuild the kernel. What will
    be the best way to get this implemented?
    As an example of what we want, when running "make config" and requesting
    Serial Card support, the Chase card should come up as an option and work,
    irrespective of the kernel version.

    Your assistance in pointing us in the right direction in meeting our
    objectives will be most appreciated.

    Hugh Anderson
    Chase Research plc
    7 Cedarwood
    Chineham Business Park
    Basingstoke. RG24 8WD

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.024 / U:14.268 seconds]