    Subjectip_auto_config: called too early.

    IP autoconfiguration is not done after we use an initrd, only before.
    This means, for example, that anyone who uses IP autoconfiguration with a
    modularized Ethernet driver will not have much luck.

    Would it be possible to add a second call to ip_auto_config to see if
    IP can be configured after the initrd is unmounted?

    I tried patching the call into change_root, but it gave me a kernel
    panic when I tried... :(

    Right now ip_auto_config is only done once, during device_setup or

    Maybe if we could compile ip autoconfiguration in as a module as well,
    life would be easier, no? Then we could just sort of force things
    to work.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.017 / U:103.620 seconds]