Subjectsysctl for NFS-Root documented but not implemented?
Hi there,

in Documentation/initrd.txt I've found that these devices should exist:

/proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev
/proc/sys/kernel/nfs-root-name
/proc/sys/kernel/nfs-root-addrs

the first one I've found. The other two are not there and the tryal to
create them leads into an ENOENT. (Directory not writable, logical for my
understanding of that)

Linux-Version: 2.2.7 (official kernel, no patches)

I've activated NFS and NFSRoot, no NFS-Server, most of the other FS'es are
deactivated. (Minix is active for the initrd) Under Networking options
I've activated "IP kernel level autoconfiguration", after failure I've
tried "BOOTP" and "RARP" (below it) too, no effect. Short I've tried
almost everything one may try in a black-box-test.

How to activate these files or if deprecated what to use then? My
quite simple intention is to boot a ramdisk, let myself chose which rootfs
to use and then use it. For flexibility I _need_ NFS based root fs'es.
Shall I use another version of Linux?

If no such interface yet exists please point me on the sources and docu I
may use to implement it myself.

Konrad

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.046 / U:0.168 seconds]