SubjectRe: Anti-SPAM Suggestion...
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Sender: owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
[...]
> Want to know something wonderful about the new "x-linux-kernel"
> >From line? It misses my procmail rule. Now instead of
> linux-kernel being filtered into a different folder, my damned
> INBOX contains a motherload of new messages. SIGH!!!!!!

See above. "Sender:" is a far more reliable.

I still fail to see the problem with a "posters" list, containing
addresses that are allowed to post to the linux-kernel list (in addition
to those already subscribed). If you don't want to subscribe to the list
and receive the volume of posts (or have multiple addresses from which you
post), fine. You simply have to take an extra step to send your first
message.

As for the argument about mail-to-news gateways...when did we start
officially supporting those anyway? This is a -mail- list, not a
newsgroup.

IMHO.

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@logic.net> [ What goes up, must come down. ]