SubjectPacket drops in 2.2.5

Is this an issue that's been fixed?

We have an SMP system (Poweredge 4300), with an etherexpress 100 network
card, that's being used quite extensively, as a Samba, Web, Imap, DNS, and
Email server for over 100 users, and we're getting some flaky behavior.

Most systems can connect fine most of the time. However, sometimes, the
system seems to be unreachable by ping or by anything else for 30 or more
seconds at a time. After pinging for a while, it finally starts
responding, and it works okay. Then this happens with another user.

I've pinged other machines that are on the same hub with no problems at
all.

It seems that pings from the server also do not work at certain times.
This problem is bothering a lot of users. Is this a flaky network card,
kernel version, or is there some parameter we can tweak in the kernel to
make it work correctly?

Please cc replies to E-mail since I may not be able to get to the linux
kernel mailing list in time.

Thanks,

Ben

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.024 / U:0.428 seconds]