Subjectsmbfs lossage with NT file servers
In whatever the kernel distributed with redhat-6.0 is, (claims to be
2.2.5-15) if I use smbmount to mount a filesystem from an NT server,
the date stamps are completely screwed up. I assume that this is
because the flavor of date stamps that NT uses don't happen to be
correctly supported by my kernel.

Is there a version of the kernel which actually does the right thing
here? If not, can anyone tell me where there's enough documentation
of the SMB protocol for me to fix the kernel myself? Or if NT isn't
adaquately documented (which would hardly be surprising), what's the
best way to reverse engineer the protocol?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.030 / U:0.484 seconds]