SubjectRe: Removable media bug

>Try the attached code. Run it after inserting new media, before trying
>any
>mounts, etc. It will force a reread of the partition table, that also
>will flush all the cached info about the disk. (I think -- worked for
>me a while back.)

It does not work. Well... sometimes it re-reads the partition table,
but I can do the same by attempting to mount the device without a disk
in the drive. Anyway when I try to mount a partition it tells the the
ext2 fs is corrupted etc. etc...
I can't understand why. When the kernel detects a diskchange it should
invalidate all buffers, isn't it ?? I looked at the sources and it
actually does it. So why it doesn't works ?!?! GRRRR!!!

And another little thing: why it never prints disk change events in
the logs ? I added some printk's in sd.c to trace the problem, and I
forgot to add a "\n" somewhere. well... magically appeared messages
like "MyDebugStuff<7>VFS: Disk change detected [...]". Why ? Perhaps
is there a trick to enable some debug messages ?

Bye.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.039 / U:0.096 seconds]