SubjectQuery about task Queues...

In case of using task queues for deferred processing
in an interrupt handler (isr), A task statically defined as type
tq_struct is usually used to queue for dpc by the call to queue_task().

Meanwhile, if another interrupt occurs, the same
task can obviously be NOT queued again as long as the previously
queued task is not scheduled. Otherwise the scheduler will
go in an infinite loop. How do you guarantee in an isr that
the previously queued task is already scheduled ?

And obviously, allocating memory for a tq_struct in an isr
is not recommended.

Or should I maintain a list of tq_struct structures initially
allocated ,
and pick up an unused one everytime an interrupt occurs.?
How is deferred processing(bottom halves) using task queues
usually implemented.?

I cannot use bottom halves as I intend the driver to be a
dynamically loadable.

- Prasanna Gokhale

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.031 / U:0.784 seconds]