SubjectUsermode/Bash/sendmail hangs with No Net
Date

I use linux, with NFS home dirs, when the NFS server has problems
logging in to local PC hangs, bash hangs (C-\, C-c, C-z don't work),
this is on Linux redhat 5.2. I just have to reboot PCs with
C-A-Del just to kill hanging bash/vim, - I am not root.

Also reboots hang when NFS can't be contacted, and boots
hang when sendmail daemon can't find the DNS server.
Can't all these daemons work in background and bootup made
faster?

This has nothing to do with kernel, but can you help?
Is this something specific to our company network setup
that I can correct to avoid hangs during login?

thanks,
- Mohsin.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.031 / U:0.232 seconds]