Subject2.2 Sound
I'm back on 2.0.36 because of sound. I downloaded 2.2.2 and installed it.
(BTW, why does it still load kerneld if it doesn't use it for modules? I
thought nothing else used the rest of kerneld's capabilities.) I liked it
a lot, but the sound code (which I need because I'm often bored at my
machine) didn't quite work right on my SB16. Built into the kernel, the
kernel froze the machine on bootup when it tried to load the driver
(though only on warm bootups). As a module, the machine would *sometimes*
work when it tried to load it. Other times (I'm not sure if it was after a
warm boot or what) it would freeze just as solid. I can't risk any more
damage to my filesystems from powering down improperly, so I'm back on
2.0. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a problem with sound in 2.2?

Eastman: He came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing RANDO!