SubjectRe: [patch] /proc race fixes [Re: sleeping while holding a rwspinlock?]
Hi Andrea,

I read your patch and must admit that it is more elegant than mine, though
not more simple.

You solve the problem of sleeping in read_maps() by using semaphores in
grab_task()/release_task() and then carry on the same formalism in other
places (not all of which strictly need it, but it is nicer, I agree).

Regards,
Tigran.

PS. I didn't know of your patch when I sent mine to Linus a few minutes
ago.

PPS. I keep repeating that "the problem with Linux is that it is too good,
soon no bugs will be left and people will work very hard to find something
to be fixed". :(

PPPS. I removed Linus from "cc" because he already saw your patch and I
don't add much of value to him in this message.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.048 / U:0.188 seconds]