    SubjectRe: ip route , needed feature ?
    Date
    Hello!

    > For: ip route
    >
    > flush - Flushes all routes , except the interface defined routes .
    > will remove all routes to interfaces that have not been
    > installed by ifconfig .

    Yes, it is planned as soon as I will accumulate enough of stamina 8)
    Actually, I think it will look like:

    ip route flush SELECTOR

    where SELECTOR is the similar to SELCTOR used in "ip route ls"
    (probably, enhanced) and will allow to flush routes by set of conditions:
    prefix set, nexthop, device, protocol etc.

    > Now we add thru a route daemon gated/in.route/... a whole
    > series of routes . At present I have no easy way to get back
    > to a clean state without 'reboot' . Is there some feature
    > already in place within 'ip' or 'route' that will allow me to
    > reasonably easily clean my route stack back to just the
    > interface routes ?

    It is pretty strange, but "flush" option persists in "route" helper
    for years, which apparently means, that nettools maintainers really
    all the time planned to implement it. 8)

    > Also can 'ip' be used under 2.0.x series ?

    No.

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.022 / U:68.036 seconds]