SubjectA Problem With Sound I am Fed Up and see my problem its been more than a year and I am now frustated.
Plese Read the Document Carefully and Forward it to other hackers or
Driver Programmers.

I have got a Aztech SC-16 3D Sound Card PnP (Plug and Play) with
Windows-95. Also it is Sound Blaster and Sound Blaster Pro Compatable and
Ol3 and mpu401 support added. It works Just fine in Windows with its
Superb 3-D Sound, Stereo capability.

PROBLEM: The Problem which I am facing is that It Plays music CD's from
right speaker only and other formats from both and excellent. I have
tried everything and now there is no config error.

1. There is no cable Fault as It plays the music CD's from both speakers
in Windows.

2. The setting are ok and same as those of Windows 95.

3. '.Wav' and '.midi' and '.au' files play well and excellent fro both the
speakers in Linux, but not the music CD.

4. The mixer settings are also checked and no fault is in them.

5. The sound card is recognised and enabled by ISAPNP tools and the conf
file is enclosed as an attachment.

7. I have had a lot of experience with Linux so there is not a stupid or
careless fault.

MY SYSTEM INFO:
-------------
I have Redhat Linux Installed 2.2.1 completely patched and OSS drivers and
latest packages fron Redhat 5.2, Its from when I had installed 2.0.32 it
is not working. Earlier I had Slakware Still it didnt worked it was about
a 1.5 year ago. So it seems a driver problem.

Evidences: The same problem was found with some people installing Redhat
----------
and if you ran the cd player as soon as you booted it played from both but
IN MY CASE IT DOSE'NT PLAY FROM BOTH OF SPEAKERS i.e MUSIC CD's
[THERE IS NO CABLE OR MIXER FAULT]

I have hacked every possibility for a year or so still no breakthrough.

ENCLOSED FILES AS ATTACHMENTS:
-----------------------------
conf.modules
isapnp

NOTE's:
-------
PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND REPLY ME AT: vssinghdeo-surguja@altavista.net
and forward it to people concerned.

With Regards and Thanks

Yours

Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo 'Surguja'
vssinghdeo-surguja@altavista.net
# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.17 1998/11/10 22:45:04 fox Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# For latest information on isapnp and pnpdump see:
# http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER -DABORT_ONRESERR
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier 2f ff ff ff ff 81 71 93 04

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING

# Card 1: (serial identifier 2f ff ff ff ff 81 71 93 04)
# Vendor Id ADS7181, No Serial Number (-1), checksum 0x2F.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 2.0
# ANSI string -->Analog Devices AD1816A<--
#
# Logical device id ADS7180
# Device support I/O range check register
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3b
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3c
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3d
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3e
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3f
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE ADS7181/-1 (LD 0

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

# Start dependent functions: priority preferred
# IRQ 5 or 7.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
# First DMA channel 1.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
# Next DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 0))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0220
# Maximum IO base address 0x0240
# IO base alignment 32 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
(IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0388
# Maximum IO base address 0x0388
# IO base alignment 8 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 4
(IO 1 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0500
# Maximum IO base address 0x0560
# IO base alignment 16 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
(IO 2 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0500))

# Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
# IRQ 5, 7 or 10.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
# First DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
[...]

# IRQ 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 15.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
# First DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
#
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
# Next DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
# (DMA 1 (CHANNEL 0))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0220
# Maximum IO base address 0x02e0
# IO base alignment 32 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
# (IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0388
# Maximum IO base address 0x03b8
# IO base alignment 8 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 4
# (IO 1 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0500
# Maximum IO base address 0x0560
# IO base alignment 16 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
# (IO 2 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0500))

# Start dependent functions: priority functional
# IRQ 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 15.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
# First DMA channel 0, 1 or 3.
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
# *** ERROR *** No DMA channel specified!
# 8 bit DMA only
# Logical device is not a bus master
# DMA may execute in count by byte mode
# DMA may not execute in count by word mode
# DMA channel speed type F
# (DMA 1 (CHANNEL 4))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0220
# Maximum IO base address 0x02e0
# IO base alignment 32 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
# (IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0388
# Maximum IO base address 0x03b8
# IO base alignment 8 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 4
# (IO 1 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0500
# Maximum IO base address 0x0560
# IO base alignment 16 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 16
# (IO 2 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0500))

# End dependent functions
(NAME "ADS7181/-1[0]{Analog Devices AD1816A}")
(ACT Y)
))
#
# Logical device id ADS7181
# Device support I/O range check register
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3b
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3c
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3d
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3e
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3f
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE ADS7181/-1 (LD 1
# Compatible device id PNPb006

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

# Start dependent functions: priority preferred
# IRQ 5, 7, 9 or 11.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
(INT 0 (IRQ 9 (MODE +E)))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0300
# Maximum IO base address 0x0330
# IO base alignment 48 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 2
(IO 0 (SIZE 2) (BASE 0x0300))

# Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
# IRQ 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 15.
# High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0300
# Maximum IO base address 0x0420
# IO base alignment 48 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 2
# (IO 0 (SIZE 2) (BASE 0x0300))

# End dependent functions
(NAME "ADS7181/-1[1]{Analog Devices AD1816A}")
(ACT Y)
))
#
# Logical device id ADS7182
# Device support I/O range check register
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3b
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3c
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3d
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3e
# Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3f
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE ADS7181/-1 (LD 2
# Compatible device id PNPb02f

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

# Start dependent functions: priority preferred
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0200
# Maximum IO base address 0x0200
# IO base alignment 8 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 8
(IO 0 (SIZE 8) (BASE 0x0200))

# Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
# Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
# Minimum IO base address 0x0200
# Maximum IO base address 0x0208
# IO base alignment 8 bytes
# Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (SIZE 8) (BASE 0x0200))

# End dependent functions
(NAME "ADS7181/-1[2]{Analog Devices AD1816A}")
(ACT Y)
))
# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)

# Returns all cards to the "Wait for Key" state
(WAITFORKEY)

# These Are Uses To Remove The 'net-pf- Messages.

alias net-pf-3 off # no ax25 module available (yet)
alias net-pf-4 off # if you don't use the ipx module
alias net-pf-5 off # if you don't use the appletalk

alias char-major-14 sb

alias sound sb
alias sound midi mpu401
alias sound midi opl3

options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1
options mpu401=0x300 irq=9
options opl3 io=0x388

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.074 / U:0.732 seconds]