Subject"Internet Keyboard" support for Linux
Date
Hi.  I am wondering if there is any interest in support for those "Internet
Keyboards." I've implimented a kernel/daemon based system for mine, and I've
given this to a couple people on IRC. They seem interested.

What I'd like to find out, is which is the best way to do it.

As one option, I can hook IRQ1 myself, and completely reimpliment the keyboard
handler. This allows me to have my module inserted without the user having to
patch the kernel, but it also requires me to completely reimpliment the
keyboard handler inside my module. This is also platform-specific.

The other way is a small modification to the existing keyboard handler code.
It could declare a global symbol in the kernel, and if this symbol was set,
call the code that it pointed to every time a scancode was being processed, and
behave according to the return value of that function.

Thanks,
Ryan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.197 / U:0.052 seconds]