    SubjectRe: SIGCONT misbehaviour in Linux
    On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

    >co-pending system call to return to the caller with -EINTR. It
    >is the 'C' runtime library that decides, based upon this flag,
    >if the system call should be restarted or if -1 should be returned
    >to the caller with errno set to EINTR.

    glibc could also return to run the syscall without waiting again from the
    beginning by looking at the 'struct timespec *rem'. If there wouldn't be
    the `rem` parameter in nanosleep, glibc couldn't wrap the -EINTR
    trasparently. But there is.

    NOTE: I can as well fix the kernel for this, but I agree with Peter that
    returning -INTR looks like the right thing to do. (I don't know which is
    the official semantic for the syscall though)

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:90.296 seconds]