    SubjectRe: SIGCONT misbehaviour in Linux
    hpa@transmeta.com (H. Peter Anvin) writes:

    > > Hmm...This works properly on libc5 systems, btw. (glibc2.0 and glibc2.1
    > > use nanosleep(), libc5 uses alarm() and sigsuspend()).
    > >

    > It really could be argued what is the right behaviour here. When a
    > system call is interrupted by the signal, the normal thing is to
    > return EINTR.

    Right. The problem is that the ptrace() call to continue the process
    (which implicitly sends a SIGCONT) also wakes up the process. We have
    a test program which, if you'd run it normally, would not finish in
    aeons. If you run it under gdb with all the ptrace() calls to stop
    and continue all the threads, it finishes. This change in behaviour
    is not wanted nor can it be avoided by gdb without a kernel change.

    --
    ---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
    Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA