SubjectRe: cmpci: dma buffer crosses 64k boundary
> I have been getting this in my syslog ALOT recently..

2.2.x had the property that ISA DMA get free pages always aligned on power
of two boundaries equivalent to the size. This appears to have broken with the
Zone changes probably. Several sound drivers, some network drivers and a few
other programs reply on this property. The alternative to fix is to waste 64K
of memory for every 128K such drivers allocate. Im not willing to even look
at that option until the new code has settled down and I have time to figure
out if its definitely the cause and if its easily fixable.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.043 / U:1.484 seconds]