    SubjectRe: cmpci: dma buffer crosses 64k boundaryyd
    > > I think we must continue to guarantee that x-byte allocations are aligned on
    > > x-byte boundaries.
    >
    > Isn't that wasteful if not required? For example my Via audio chip
    > only needs dword alignment for the addresses passed to it in the
    > scatter-gather DMA table.

    Since we use a buddy allocator its an implied property if the base is set to
    a boundary as big as your largest allocation you want the feature for. Since
    you can align arbitarily and then drop in partially used indicators to cover
    the area that isnt really free its basically zero cost

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.017 / U:61.428 seconds]