    SubjectRe: 2.3.x sound problems
    > I'm using fbcon, but I don't believe scrolling is the sole cause.  I'm
    > getting the sound dropouts with a quiet screen. Something as simple as
    > a cron job kicking off in the background to download mail will trigger a
    > sound pause. It seems as if there is no buffering of output where there
    > was before.

    My previous message just got through to the list [puts foot in mouth].
    Alan Cox said :

    "Welcome to VESA frame buffer. It uses BIOS functions. These can lock the
    interrupts off for a long time. Basically no cure available."

    So I guess that just about sums up my problem. Back to text mode for me.
    I don't know if that helps you any, but every little bit counts.

    --Ian Ehrenwald

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.025 / U:29.372 seconds]