    SubjectRe: 2.3.x sound problems
    > My previous message just got through to the list [puts foot in mouth].
    > Alan Cox said :
    > "Welcome to VESA frame buffer. It uses BIOS functions. These can lock the
    > interrupts off for a long time. Basically no cure available."
    > So I guess that just about sums up my problem. Back to text mode for me.
    > I don't know if that helps you any, but every little bit counts.

    I've also noted my posts coming in late and appearing to be out of

    I had thought my problem predated my trial of frame buffer, but I could
    be mistaken. I'll try rebuilding, probably this weekend, without that
    support and see what happens. Since I don't play mp3s all that often it
    remains to be seen whether I want that more than frame buffer support.
    I've grown used to the 132x45 display.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:90.988 seconds]