    Subjectdevfs again (was RE: [linux-usb] Re: USB device allocation)
    Date
    > userspace, though, and I hope most people would agree with me.  Why
    > don't we try to design that interface first, and I suspect
    > the rest will
    > follow relatively easily.

    what about the current devfs, but without the filesystem code?

    ie a central kernel devfs layer to handle accept driver registrations and
    communicate with daemon.

    daemon to handle updating the already existing /dev on filesystem?

    Would such a solution be acceptable? It seems a decent compromise between
    Richards full-blown devfs, and the minimal user-space daemon/scripting
    approach favoured by others. Plus we can retain some of the existing devfs
    code, and the API it has established.

    regards,

    Paul Jakma.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:0.396 seconds]