SubjectRE: Linux / OpenStep NFS problem
Date
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled on very strange NFS problem here. When I
> mount (amd) exported directory from OpenStep 4.2 and
> try to list all files on it with find, only a few are listed.
> In message log I get a lot of following messages:
> NFS: server pisi, readdir reply truncated
> NFS: nr=35, slots=0, len=13
> NFS: server pisi, readdir reply truncated
> NFS: nr=42, slots=1, len=6
> NFS: server pisi, readdir reply truncated
> NFS: nr=42, slots=1, len=6
>
> I tried with different rsize, wsize arguments to mount and
> no luck. The same happens if I mount the exports per hand,
> although I get more files and less readdir truncated messages.
> Tested with 2.2.7 and 2.2.12 . But it works perfectly with
> 2.0.38. What is wrong here?

Hi Dori,

I had no problems with OpenStep 4.2 clients and linux 2.2.5ish server... but
with the latest knfsd patches by H J Lu. They address a lot problems, eg
inter-operability.

Latest is knfsd-1.5.2 i think, on ftp.varesearch.com.

regards,

paul jakma.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.255 / U:0.760 seconds]