Subjectlpr stopped working
I am not sure if this is a kernel issue or a configuration issue:

I am trying to print, and lpr has stopped working. It worked in 2.0
kernels and also in 2.2.5, and 2.2.9.

I use ghostscript but I believe I have ruled that out as the problem, as
both gs works for displaying and

gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 myfle.ps -c quit

also works for printing postscript files.

However if I use

gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -sOutputFile=|lpr myfile.ps -c quit

it does not work, but it used to work.

The difference is =/dev/lp0 and =|lpr which seems that the pipe to
lpr does not work.

The only thing that I can think of is that vmware which is the only new
software (software that actually does something with my ports) on my
system may have something to do with this.

The printer is an Epson Stylus color IIs which should not make a
difference as I said it works with =/dev/lp0.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Incidentally I have shut down
the vmware services and that did not seem to help.

Does this sound like it is a kernel issue or configuration?

--
Joseph Acosta ........