SubjectRe: Why is traffic shapper still in 2.3.x?
Date
Hello!

> # ip ru d table 32765
> Error: argument "32765" is wrong: invalid table ID

I see, you want to flush rulesm rather than tables.

> i must specify some part of the selector to delete that rule. there have been
> some rules i put in in the past where not all the relevant information is
> shown on the rule list and i don't have the add command in my history so i
> couldn't remove it. i had to reboot.

Yes. "ip rule flush" does not exist and you have to make "ip rule list"
to delete rules. All the information to delete the rule is printed
via ip rule list, so that you need not to reboot.

The reason for this inconvenience is big mistake in design of rule list,
explained in docs. I hesitate whether to fix it in "ip" or in the kernel
until now...

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:1.630 / U:0.068 seconds]