SubjectRe: Why is traffic shapper still in 2.3.x?
Date
Hello!

> i do read those docs, religiously. but things that didn't work in the
> past,

Hmm... Then report it as bug. The document and kernel are expected
to be in sync. The only discrepance found since May was fixed in 2.2.11.

> 200.0.0.x netA
> \_____________ linux ip router -> internal lan.
> /
> 100.0.0.x netB
>

> i need the linux ip router box to send packets for netA to netA with a
> source address in netA, and for netB to netB from netB.

One way to make this is to use "src" option on all the routes
going to netA and netB.

> and i just discovered the importance of flushing routes, please make that
> a BOLD item in several places throughout the documentation.

Yes, I have already heard that it is not evident. I promise to bold
this statement 8)

> also, is there a way to flush rule tables? not singular, but the entire
> thing save the local/main/253?

Does shell script flushing all the tables with
"ip route flush table $tableid" not work?

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.170 / U:0.200 seconds]