Subject3Com & BusLogic problems
Hello;

I have the impression that a 3Com 900 Combo PCI card and
a BusLogic Flashpoint DL BT-932 PCI card just do not want
to work together.

Would anyone else have this particular hardware config?

Even though this particular box is all SCSI, the
S3 video card, 3Com 900 Combo, and the BusLogic card all
share IRQ 9. IDE support is turned off in the BIOS which
should free up IRQ's 14, and 15 for use.

Using either linux-2.0.34, linux-2.1.106-ac4, or linux-2.1.108-ac2
the 3Com card complains that some other device has the IRQ
and will not release it. That other device is the BusLogic Flashpoint.

I have tried all the BIOS settings but no avail.

The motherboard/mainboard is a FICA PT-2006 just in case someone
is wondering that. With an Award BIOS.

I have upgraded to Don's latest 3Com driver, and have the
latest BusLogic driver, but still I am unable to get this two
cards to "play" together.

I am not asking how to fix this problem just confirmation that
my impression is correct. I will just have to swap hardware around
with another box til I am able to have combinations of hardware
that "play" well together.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt
and all the milk has turned
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
when the Big One finds you
may this song remind you that they
don't serve breakfast in hell
==Breakfast==Newsboys

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.040 / U:0.136 seconds]