Subjectoops at `do_gettimeofday' after laptop resume?
 I just bought a Fujitsu LifeBook 765Dx.  I have installed (for
product testing and comparison to Debian GNU/Linux) Red Hat 5.0 from
an official CD borrowed from a gnu friend.

When I pushed the `suspend' button from the Windows 95 that came
preinstalled, it would resume fine after pushing that button agian.

Under Linux, (2.0.31 from RH's default install), upon resume I see a
kernel oops. I hope that this portion of the "/var/log/messages"
proves interesting and helps reveal the problem area.

I'm not sure how to go about finding where in the kernel the error is
occuring... I have a vague understanding; I need to run a utility on
the oops to find out what routine the divide/0 fault occurs in. From
there I lack the necessary skills at this point.

I will ask Fujitsu if they will please let me have a BIOS manual.
Does anyone know if there's a bios setup config I should set for
this model? The bios reports itself as a:

PhoenixBIOS NoteBIOS 4.0, Copyright 1985-97 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

Power Savings: [Off]
... all off...

Suspend Mode: [Suspend] (other choice is Save to Disk]

It just occured to me that perhaps all I need is to recompile the
kernel with APM support? You tell me and we'll both know. Thanks
for any info.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.041 / U:0.012 seconds]