SubjectRe: Journaled FS

> > The LVM is certainly a powerful tool, and a standard LFS could very
> > easily take advantage of it; however, there are some kinds of
> > functionality I want to play with that require explicit awareness of
> > distinct physical volumes. (Consider software-variable striping and
> > redundancy, for example, or ways of implementing "guaranteed disk
> > bandwidth" in the style of SGI's XFS.)
> >

> Understood.
>
> Is it posible to support resizing on LVM in addition to that?

Absolutely. I'm writing the support into my design specs even as we
speak. ;-) Like I have said, supporting a resizable LV with an LFS
is almost trivial... if you need to shrink the LV, have any segments
in the region to be "punched out" cleaned immediately; if you need to
grow it, simply add the list of new available segments to the
volume's "free list" (whatever form that might take).

Adam
--
You crucify all honesty \\Adam D. Bradley artdodge@cs.bu.edu
No signs you see do you believe \\Boston University Computer Science

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.059 / U:1.544 seconds]