SubjectSMP version of procps-1.2.8
	I had already posted (long time ago) a patch to make procps-1.2.5 SMP
aware, this is a new version (written from scratch, because I lost the
original :( in less than an hour (as I need to upgrade to 1.2.8), I think it
is secure and introduces no bugs, but as I have a dual processor system I
cannot test it with those 16 processors systems :), so please would anybody
with a 4 (or more) processor system test it?, I will send it to procps
developers as soon as I am sure it works.

About the patch (against procps-1.2.8):

I have only make top SMP aware, but it should not be difficult made
other utils SMP aware too. I have modified a bit libproc (readproc.c and
readproc.h) and a bit more top.c and top.h. You have now a -D__SMP__ in
CFLAGS (I use -D__SMP__ beacuse of linux/include/tasks.h), if you use it
you would have a SMP aware top, if you disable it (both in ./Makefile and
./proc/Makefile) you should get the procps-1.2.8 version), at runtime you
can toggle SMP info with 'g' (no help for this yet).

Thanks, and please report any bug to me directly, people in the
kernel list don't bother about those things :)

One O.S. to rule them all, | German Gomez Garcia
One O.S. to find them. | mat006@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es
One O.S. to bring them all |
and in the darkness bind them. | "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.061 / U:0.024 seconds]