SubjectK6/P5 - crashme
One thing I think people are overlooking. All the motherboards mentioned
in the testbed were ASUS P55T2P4 motherboards. These were designed before the
K6 came out and considering that the K6 sucks more power than the Intel chip,
it might factor into the equation.

Power regulators on some boards (usually NOT Asus though) were marginal and
that is why some just outright fail when you stick a K6 on it.

I personally have a P55T2P4 w/ an AMD K6-200 on it, and sometime soon I'll
try crashme on it. I hope this isn't an AMD bug.

For those curious, it's really easy to stick the K6-266/300 and above on this
motherboard.. although undocumented, you can get the required 2.2V. You have
to munge with the multipliers a bit but that's not much of a concern with me
since I've kept mine at 208/83 for months now. :)

--
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
At least I'll be able to go skiing in a nuclear winter.