    SubjectRe: Fix for PCI detection in fdomain.c

    My apologies. I've obviously been working too hard on this problem.
    You're correct, I did only half apply your spelling fix to that line and
    it does indeed work properly when your spelling fix is completely

    Yes, the original was (PCI_VENDOR_ID, PCI_DEVICE_ID, pdev) and I only
    fixed the second variable name when I applied your fix.

    I blame it on me reading black text on a white background.

    Question: Did you fix the other problem with the driver, the one that
    keeps it from compiling? I saw the patch you sent to Linus, and I
    didn't see if you added the declaration for "do_fdomain_16x0_intr". It
    was missing in 2.1.96.

    Also, since you're maintaining the driver at the moment, you might want
    to do some of the following:

    Fix the change history to note your driver re-write on

    Up the driver version. It's been 5.45 since 1996, and
    it's not the same driver anymore.

    Remove James' e-mail address from the error message that
    appears in the 'dmesg' output. He'll probably appreciate
    that because he's not maintaining the code anymore.

    Martin Mares wrote:
    > Yes, it _must_ always return NULL as you've misspelled my misspelling
    > fix I've sent you. The correct line is:
    > if ((pdev = pci_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_FD, PCI_DEVICE_ID_FD_36C70, pdev)) == NULL)
    > and it should be present in 2.1.97. Please test that.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.032 / U:30.832 seconds]