SubjectRe: Fix for PCI detection in fdomain.c
Ah...

My apologies. I've obviously been working too hard on this problem.
You're correct, I did only half apply your spelling fix to that line and
it does indeed work properly when your spelling fix is completely
applied.

Yes, the original was (PCI_VENDOR_ID, PCI_DEVICE_ID, pdev) and I only
fixed the second variable name when I applied your fix.

I blame it on me reading black text on a white background.

Question: Did you fix the other problem with the driver, the one that
keeps it from compiling? I saw the patch you sent to Linus, and I
didn't see if you added the declaration for "do_fdomain_16x0_intr". It
was missing in 2.1.96.

Also, since you're maintaining the driver at the moment, you might want
to do some of the following:

Fix the change history to note your driver re-write on

Up the driver version. It's been 5.45 since 1996, and
it's not the same driver anymore.

Remove James' e-mail address from the error message that
appears in the 'dmesg' output. He'll probably appreciate
that because he's not maintaining the code anymore.

Thanks
Brian

Martin Mares wrote:

[...]
> Yes, it _must_ always return NULL as you've misspelled my misspelling
> fix I've sent you. The correct line is:
>
> if ((pdev = pci_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_FD, PCI_DEVICE_ID_FD_36C70, pdev)) == NULL)
>
> and it should be present in 2.1.97. Please test that.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.209 / U:0.168 seconds]