SubjectT/TCP patch
Hi

for those of you that are brave enough, here is a my patch for the 2.0.32
kernel for T/TCP.
The option for T/TCP is under the "Networking Options" as "Enable RFC1644
support" and you have to allow prompts for unfinished or experimental
features.

I don't know how the code will handle kernels with SYN cookies installed
or proxying (I'm not sure about multicasting either), but if you want to
give is a bash, feel free. I've been running it on my own machine for the
last week, and there doesn't seem to be any problems. It won't impact on
normal TCP/IP operation.

If you want to run some T/TCP applications, I've a small T/TCP client and
server on my web page. I've patched Lynx 2.8 and that patch is also
at my web site:

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~heathclf/fyp/

If you want any of the details, my final year project report is going up
in a few days (only the draft version is up at the moment)

If you've any comments (or criticisms), and if you try out the patch let
me know just out or curiosity.

For those running 2.0.33, very minimal changes are required in the routing
files (route.h and route.c). The patch may even work unaltered.

Just a note that this won't be the final version as there are a few things
I need to iron out before my project deadline...

thanks

Mark Stacey
... and that's my two cents.
"Its not that I forgot, its just that I can't remember"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.116 / U:0.364 seconds]