SubjectSMP patch for procps-1.2.5
	I have just finished a little patch against procps-1.2.5
to handle SMP, it is nice and works fine in my PII Dual, and may
be usefull to track kernel SMP, so I have attached it to this
message, please test it in as many machines as you can (mainly
SMP :), I have not tested it under more than two processor but
it should work fine in machines with no more than 16 processors
(just a #define in readproc.h, change it to 1024 if you have them :)
it use the /proc/#/cpu file to determine the number of cpus and
stats of each cpu.
Having tested it I have found some extrange things with
multitasking in Linux, try it and see by yourself (mainly concerning
XWindows)
If you have any question or find any bug ask directly to
me, don't post to this list or write to the original author of
procps, I will send him the patch when I will be sure it has no
side effects.

One O.S. to rule them all, | German Gomez Garcia
One O.S. to find them. | mat006@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es
One O.S. to bring them all |
and in the darkness bind them. | "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.035 / U:0.020 seconds]