SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: PC Speaker toggle

smkelly@zombie.org said:
> Let's face it, that nasty PC speaker is annoying as hell. *BEEEP
> BEEEP* Most people that I know have already physically disconnected
> the thing from their computer.

> I have a patch here...
> If anybody would like me to send them the patch let me know.

Yes please. The machines in our College library are running Linux, and have a
particularly horrible and loud beep. We don't want to disconnect the speaker
completely (after all, you never know when it might be highly amusing to play
the Lumberjack song through the PC Speaker in the middle of the night) but
the librarian would definitely like to get rid of the beeps.

> I think /proc/sys/kernel/speaker should be added to the kernel.
I second that.

David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England. (+44) 0976 658355
Dave@imladris.demon.co.uk http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
finger pgp@dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk for PGP key.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.035 / U:0.404 seconds]