SubjectRe: 2.1.130UP and network connections
>> > I've seen that Netscape very offen reported that "Connection timed out"
>> > etc. It's strange because clicking on reload button solves the problem
>> > in most cases and there was no problem like this with 2.0.x kernels.
>> > What's the truth anyway ? (yes, it's out there ;-)

I don't think it has anything to do the kernel. If you check your
logfiles, /var/log/messages, I believe you'll find TCPv4 checksum
errors corresponding to each occurence of the error you mention.

Jim Gettys has already alerted us to various efforts being made to
track down why as many as 1 in 7000 packets on the net right now have
checksum errors. It could be a Linux problem, since Linux is
ubiquitous at ISP/web hosting sites, it could be the fault of some
particular router. Its not known why its happening right now.
Two nights ago, I had a checksum error storm while running fetchmail
to my ISP's POP3 server. Very strange. I still haven't checked with
them if they've changed routers or other h/w.

--p

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.036 / U:0.532 seconds]