SubjectRe: bttv, make xconfig and modem probs /w 2.1.129

> Hi!
>
> After downloading the complete 2.1.129 kernel's sources I called make
> with xconfig. It works fine except for special SVGA settings: They
> have been grayed out. After make menuconfig and restarting make xconfig
> the settings have been selectable. Hm?!?
>
> Why are the soundblaster settings grayed out (IRQ, DMA ...)?

Grayed-out settings mean you must select something else first,
typically the setting immediately before the grayed-out ones.
This is more obvious if you use "make menuconfig", as the
unselectable settings doesn't show at all until enabled.

You must select sound support before you can select soundblaster,
and select soundblaster before you can select soundblaster details
like IRQ/DMA.

SVGA settings work the same way, enable some main setting first before
you can access detail settings.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.059 / U:0.512 seconds]