    SubjectRe: Dynamic IP hack (PR#294)
    In message <>, Eric Schenk
    | (after think about it on and off for close to 4 years). Frankly the
    | real problem is that the internet was never designed to allow for
    | dynamic IP addresses, and anything we do to hack them in results in

    Nevertheless, they exist and they aren't going away until IPv6 becomes *the*
    standard (if then). Some way to support them is needed, as anyone can tell
    you who has tried to telnet out on a diald-enabled system only to have diald
    drop the line before the telnet times out :-( (Bumping the diald default up
    time isn't always a sane option, either.)

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
    carnegie mellon university

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:4.408 seconds]