SubjectRe: Dynamic IP hack (PR#294)
Date
Hello!

> Yep. The only contra I can and want give is that it will not be randomly
> but for a good reason. About the code around it I have not really an
> idea -
> but it works. I used what was allready there and just modified the logic
> when to do it.

If I did bind() to a saddr nobody is allowed to rewrite this address.
It is critical: if some appl. did bind, it does not want that connection were
initiated with another address.

I still assume, that someone, who enabled this sysctl has no
such applications, so that it is not fatal, but must be commented
and made optional.

> > Could you move all this under some CONFIG_* option?
>
> Sure.

OK.

> > Also, seems, this patch does not guarantee, that socket in established
> > state is not mangled. Not good.
>
> It's not a bug it's the feature. :-) If bit 2 (mask value 4) of
> sysctl_ip_dynaddr is set this does mean all packets are rewritten this
> does include these belonging to established connections. The goal is to
> avoid sending out packets with an invalid source address in order to get
> atleast an RST back.

I apologize, but this thing is impossible to classify as a feature.

Just think a bit. Or even better make some experiments to be convinced,
that this trick never results in something useful.

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.167 / U:0.196 seconds]